Congratulations on your forthcoming marriage. Your church wants to help and support you, whatever stage you’re at with your planning.
The following links are to the official Church of England website and we thank them for their use:
Just starting? Find out more about the law and church weddings to consider for your special day.
Once you’ve found your special church, there are just seven simple steps to make the arrangements:
1. Find a church Find your local church and the Vicar’s contact details.
2. Call the Vicar Let your Vicar know your good news as soon as you can and the three of you can fix a time to discuss what happens next.
3. Space to think Before your wedding, your Vicar may invite you to preparation time for married life together. It’s a no-obligation invitation, but one that many couples appreciate. It provides time and space to think about the vows and the difference they will make.
4. Banns are announcements in church of your intention to marry and a chance for anyone to put forward a reason why the marriage may not lawfully take place. On these occasions, everyone in your church will also be praying for you. It can be very special and moving, so go along if you can.
5. Rehearsal Near your wedding day, perhaps a day or two before, you will usually have the opportunity to rehearse the ceremony with those who are involved.
6. The Big Day Your Vicar will do all he or she can to make the day a personal, meaningful and spiritual experience for you and your guests.
7. First Anniversary and beyond Your local church will always be there for you throughout your marriage if you need it. Even if your local church is not the place where you married, they would be delighted to mark your first anniversary by praying for you both. All you have to do is ask.
There are some things about marrying in church that are unique and special. It’s your wedding. Let us help you make it personal, meaningful, spiritual, beautiful.
And, if you’re marrying in a church that’s not where you live, we, as your local Church, would still love to support you as you prepare for the wedding, and afterwards too.
Please contact the Parish Office 01625 501773
for more information.